Benefits of Using microMend for Wound Closure
Rapid and Easy to Use
- Little to no pain upon application. Eliminates requirement for local anesthesia.
- As easy and fast to apply as a bandage. Minimal training and procedure preparation needed. Can be applied by a broad range of healthcare personnel.
- Much faster than using sutures – 7x faster as shown in KitoTech clinical studies. Significantly shortens procedure times.
Secure Wound Closure
- Similar holding strength to sutures documented in pre-clinical studies.
- Tight wound seal upon closure, which has the potential to reduce risk of infection.
- Able to remain in place for up to 14 days.
Improved Patient Experience with microMend
- Minimal to no pain upon application and removal.
- Comfortable while being worn.
- Great for children because it is painless and takes only a few seconds to apply.
- Can be used to close wounds in elderly and chronically ill patients with fragile skin. Excellent results in closing skin tears.
- Better cosmetic results as demonstrated in clinical studies, which is due to less inflammation and tissue damage that causes scarring.
- Convenient and economical for patients. Patients can remove microMend eliminating one of the major reasons for a return clinic visit.
Reduced Procedure Costs
- Less total material costs than for many suture closure procedures. No need for local anesthesia, suture tray, and removal kit.
- Rapid application translates into shorter procedures which can save operating costs of facilities. Higher throughput means more patients can be treated increasing revenues.
- Simple application makes it feasible for other practitioners, including Nurse Practitioners, PAs, RNs, and nursing assistants to perform wound closure.
- Potential to eliminate local anesthesia shortens overall time of procedure.
- Easier for treating child lacerations, which reduces time and resources required for pediatric cases.
- Potential to eliminate return clinic visit since patient is able to remove microMend.