A Great Alternative to Sutures and Staples
microMend PRO incorporates the key features needed for optimal wound closure. It is designed like a butterfly bandage so it can be applied easily and painlessly in seconds. Microstaples allow the holding power of a suture but is much faster, less costly and does not require anesthetics.
microMend PRO creates less wound trauma and uniform tension along the wound which reduce inflammation. In addition, cantilever springs in the Microstaple array relieve tension that stimulates fibroblasts to produce collagen that leads to scarring. Narrow spacing of Microstaples eliminates wound gaps that can lead to infection. More consistent outcomes are achieved by the fixed positions of Microstaples and the elimination of variability related to surgical skills.
3 Clear Benefits of Using microMend PRO for Clinics
As Easy to Use as a Bandage with Strength of Suture
- Can be used with minimal training by a broad range of medical personnel.
- Achieves similar holding strength to a suture.
- Closes a wide range of jagged or straight wounds from 1 to 50 cm in length.
Preferred by Both Patients and Medical Personnel
- Comfortable to wear because microMend adjusts to skin movement due to cantilevered springs and elastic backing.
- Superior cosmetic results compared to sutures in clinical studies.
- Patients can remove microMend themselves.
Fast and Painless Application Delivers Cost and Time Savings
- No need for a suture tray and suture removal kit.
- Applies in seconds significantly reducing procedure time, increasing patient throughput and saving facility operating costs.
- Reduces time and resources required for pediatric cases.
microMend PRO is Suitable for a Broad Range of Specialties:
- Emergency Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery